The 2013-14 Regular Season is over and the NBA lottery and first round order is set.
The NBA held random drawings on Friday to determine tiebreakers for the 2014 NBA Lottery and Draft order. Here are the results:
· Utah (25-57) won a tiebreaker with Boston.
· Brooklyn (44-38) won a tiebreaker with Washington.
· Chicago (48-34) won a tiebreaker with Toronto.
· Portland (54-28) won a tiebreaker with Miami and Houston; Houston then won a tie-breaker with Miami.
The NBA lottery order:
6. LA Lakers
8. *Detroit (pick goes to Charlotte if 9-14)
10. *Philadelphia (From New Orleans, unless pick is 1-3)
12. *Orlando (From New York via Denver)
* Please note that teams that finished the regular season with identical records will select in the second round in the reverse of the order in which they select in the first round, provided, that if more than two teams are tied, then, as among the tied teams, each tied team will select one position earlier than it selected in the first round, except that the tied team that selected earliest in the first round shall, among the tied teams, select latest in the second round. With respect to the tie between Boston and Utah (25 and 57; 0.305 pct.): since the order of selection in the first round for this set of teams may change based on the results of the Draft Lottery, the order of selection in the second round cannot be determined until after the Draft Lottery is conducted.
The 2014 NBA Draft Lottery will be held on May 20th, 2014.